Sunday, September 30, 2012

Loss (Day 230)

I've needed time to myself. I needed time to think and not have my thoughts public. Life is hitting me hard and I have major decisions to make. But today I was hit with the reality that what I'm going through is nothing compared to what a dear friend is. I'm not ready to disclose everything traveling around in my head over the past days but I needed to dedicate this post to her.

This girl is has been nothing but sweet to me. Always encouraging, always smiling. And after what she's been through I can't believe she can do that. She lost her mother at the age of six and today she lost her father. I'm terribly sorry for her loss and wish there was a better way I could comfort her. I know writing this blog isn't enough, but I also know our Harding family will be with her every step of the way.

I won't say her name since I didn't ask permission to write this, but this is just my way to pay my respects to her and her family. I ask for prayers for her during this trying time. She's already going through much being her senior year, and now her life has changed even more dramatically.


My blessing for today is that this doesn't even compare to what I've been dealing with and it makes me thankful for what God has given me even if I am considering it a challenge.

1 comment:

  1. Kathryn,
    I am enjoying your blog! You are a very wise and thoughtful young lady. You've encouraged me to read One Thousand Gifts, and I am now on number 130 of my own list of 1000 gifts! It's been a blessing, and you are a blessing! Still want to get together with you one Sunday (or any day)!
    Have a wonderful day,
    Kelli Maynard

    ReplyDelete