Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Cherry Topper (Day 394)

I was almost pushed to my breaking point today and since I know for a fact I am a strong woman, my breaking point is hard to find. I've kept myself working at the restaurant through all of my struggles with my pride. I've gotten up and gone into work everyday. I've put a smile on my face, dealt with rude and selfish customers. I've worked through long hours where I wasn't allowed to sit down, take breaks, and on occasion not use the bathroom. But today put the cherry on top.

Today, my managers told us that corporate had a new rule. We were not allowed to eat in the restaurant during business hours. Even if the south side of the restaurant is closed down and we are hidden from any customers, even if we are in the back behind two walls, we aren't allowed to eat. The only way we could eat was outside on the picnic tables... beside the dumpster. And since we aren't allowed any breaks it isn't possible for us to go outside. When it got to 3:00PM and I still hadn't left the restaurant and hadn't had anything but a mint in my mouth since 10:30AM, I got more than just a little ticked. I almost walked out. My head was throbbing in between my temples and I was lightheaded. I can take being treated like trash by customers, but by my own company?

I know, you're probably wondering where this is going. It doesn't sound like much of a blessing. Well, my blessing has nothing to do with this restaurant. It has to do with God and the fact that I know He hears my prayers. I know that working here is not the end of my story and He will open a door to a job that is kinder on their employees and more fitting for my career path. As I read Jesus Calling the other day I was refreshed on "waiting, trusting, and hoping." I hope for a better opportunity and as I hope I pray for one. While I'm praying, I'm waiting and trying to do the best I can at the job I currently have. And while I'm waiting, I'm trusting that He will deliver me. My blessing is the strength He's given me to keep this up. This hasn't been easy but since He hasn't changed my circumstances I will keep persevering.

Even though I'm persevering, I could still use your prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment